Sunday, July 13, 2008

Furniture and Blogging

I mentioned last night we bought some furniture- the assemble it yourself from Target type. It is always an episode to get it put together correctly- we must disassemble and reassemble several parts each time to get it right- we put the front on the back the left side where the right belongs, , the little cam locks are a pain. People talk about financial troubles and kids being the things that cause marriage troubles, put together a few pieces of furniture with your spouse and that will try any marriage. But we got it done. The wife and me estimate we have put together at least 20-30 pieces of furniture during our marriage- it doesn't get any easier. Things are at least better in the fact we were still talking after putting together two pieces of furniture

Blogging- I was going to get up and plug this in last night while it was fresh, but didn't. I blog for a few reasons, not sure which is the main one. I would like a written account of what I do, how I felt when it happened. I would like to look back at the commitments I have made to others or myself and how I lived up to them. Sort of like a journal, but I have too bad of handwriting to make a handwritten journal. I would like to look back at what I do on a daily basis and see if it is important;noteworthy; or if I am just spinning my wheels frittering my life away; If I am keeping up my commitments to my family; if I am digging a dark hole for myself- I tend to do that at times when I have too much time on my hands- sort of a dark mood I get in to and cant crawl out of easily. I am pretty much an asshole seeing life in poor me mode. I am doing better staying out of this mood because I am staying busy with the boat and work...... What is the saying about idle hands do the work of the devil??

No comments: