Sunday, July 6, 2008

"You Are the Master of Every Situation"

So that is how it starts. Inspiration delivered in the sweet embrace of a chinese confection, from a vietnamese restaurant.



First the standard - semi-vague stats. I am a 30 something married almost 15 years to the love of my life(more on that later), with two boys,(more to come) one pre-teen and the other pre-ten. My wife has a blog on blogspot- good luck guessing which one. We live in the suburbs of Houston- NW side. Grew up here but spent some time away while in the Army, came back, then moved to Austin, now back , living 4 miles from where I spent my 8-18 years.

Jobwise, Been with the same company for 10 years this year, started entry level- moved in to management early, and have held a variety of roles. The last several years I have traveled 3-5 days a week for my job- But not doing the exciting "I am consultant, listen to me tell you how to run your business" bs or making the big deal kind of work. Just an operations guy managing an office spread across the midwest United States.

Now for the non-standard semi-vague stats- I am a born again Christian who probly needs to be Born Again again. I consider myself Christian but lack the will to lead a good Christian life. Top sins, hmm ; thats a whole 'nother post. I struggle with doing the right thing when presented with the easy thing.

I am easily amused, but persistently confused.

I never lack for good ideas, but seem to always lack on the desire/means/will to execute on them.

People say I seem like a pretty smart feller , but I really am not sure where that comes from. I think I have brief periods of very semi-brilliance, followed by long periods of "duh"


Well this is a start for me. I hope that you find this blog interesting if not thought provoking. I think the next post I will elaborate on a few of the previously mentioned items, as well as a thought or two on why I think Dubai is the New Babylon from Revelations. Maybe a comment or two on the election , and then a little bit on an upcoming vacation.

No comments: